- Accepts Etsy gift cards
OMEGA SEAMASTER DE VILLE MENS VINTAGE WATCH CROSSHAIR CAL 563 BLACK DIAL + BOX
Similar Mad Men series 3 Don Draper watch. Serviced.
1. Fully Serviced
2. No offers, this is priced to sell
3. Collectors model - Seamaster De Ville status
4. 100% genuine Omega
5. Comes with both leather and original steel bracelet with vintage Omega watch box.
6. Automatic movement using the legendary Cal 563
What sets this apart from other vintage Omega Seamsater's is the De Ville status and black dial with crosshair. hands. At the price of this watch I can't see anyone losing any money if they was to sell on in the near future.
The seconds hand sweeps around nicely. It's Automatic and will have very good reserve power and fully serviced - no battery needed.
This has been polished and serviced by a watch master, looks in very good condition.
The movement is in wonderful condition keeping excellent time.
Case Width: Approx. 36mm (with crown)
Metal: Stainless steel
Movement: Automatic - CAL 563
Band / Strap: Black leather strap and original Omega stainless steel bracelet
The reasons why Omega vintage watches are good to buy:
1. Value/Investment. They hold their value brilliantly and should actually increase in value over the next few years as they become rarer and rarer. Buying a brand new watch is like a car, as soon as it leaves the premises the prices drops by at least 20%. A vintage watch like this in excellent condition and serviced by a Omega specialist is very difficult to find.
2. Stealth Wealth. A leading American news commentator wrote an article regarding "Stealth wealth" - where this watch type is purchased by gentleman who tend to purchase things that are discrete and very sophisticated. Basically a subtle way to show off the exquisiteness of good taste.
To drum up interest I am shipping Worldwide for this one. Any collector out there I'm sure you would agree what a rare find this is. I can dispatch within 24 hours of payment being received. You will receive very fast.
Any questions drop me a mail.
Some trivia on Omega watches:
1. In 1848 a 23 year old named Louis Brandt is credited with starting the brand which later became Omega.
2. In the early 1900's OMEGA's watches were prized by railroad professionals in China, the United States, Canada and much of Europe.
3. The association between OMEGA and swimming dates back to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympic Games. The relationship is still going strong.
4. Omega was a major supplier of watches to large ministries of defense, especially during the 1st and 2nd World Wars. The company's timepieces would go on to be used by the armed and special forces of British, France, Italy, USA, Norway, Sweden, Canada to name a few.
5. Important musicians including Elvis, Beatles members & Buddy Holly have been photographed wearing Omega watches including the Constellation range.
6. Past world leaders such as JFK and Mikhail Gorbachev choice of watch. Pope John Paul II wore Omega watches.
7. Before official chronometers, Olympic chronographs or the NASA-approved Speedmasters Omega watches.
8. In 1947 Omega introduced the Seamaster “Cosmic” Moon Phase wristwatch. It was the brand’s first calendar watch to display the time and the date with its hands and day.
9. The Geneva Line, created in 1953, was made as an homage to our workshops in Geneva where OMEGAs best regulators were working. The line was finally discontinued in 1979 as the law in Geneva stipulates that a brand must have a presence in the canton of Geneva to include the word Geneva or any variation of on the dial.
10. Omega has four main watch families today that are well known to everyone interested in the brand: Seamaster, Speedmaster, Constellation and De Ville.