- Accepts Etsy gift cards
OMEGA Vintage 1972 Mens Constellation Automatic Chronometer Watch CAL 1011 + BOX
This is an attractive watch. Iconic model, rare and in good working order. The watch movement is self winding Automatic so it users the users energy to power it - no battery will never be needed.
1. CONSTELLATION IS OMEGA'S FLAGSHIP VINTAGE MODEL
2. RARE CHRONOMETER STATUS FOR VINTAGE WATCH
3. TRUSTED POWER SELLER OF VINTAGE OMEGA WATCHES
Overall please remember this is a vintage / used Omega Constellation but as you can see this is in very good vintage condition. Please study the photos as naturally this makes up part of the description. I hand polished this for a good hour, as per photo the results looks pretty good
This has a lovely new strap which gives it a modern twist. The buckle is stainless steel which obviously compliments the watch nicely. I can swap the strap for a different colour if you prefer. The watch looks best in natural sunlight as per main / first pictureS.
The watch box seen in the last picture will be supplied. Naturally this also will help protect the item in transit.
Case size: 35mm
Metal : Stainless steel
Movement: Automatic (Self-Winding)
Country of origin: Switzerland
Need the watch fast ? We can help with that...
UK Delivery Time: Next working day
EU Delivery: 1-2 workings days
Rest of the World Delivery: 2-3 working days
The reasons why Omega vintage watches are good to buy:
1. Value/Investment. They hold their value brilliantly and should actually increase in value over the next few years as they become rarer and rarer. Buying a brand new watch is like a car, as soon as it leaves the premises the prices drops by at least 20%. A vintage watch like this in excellent condition and serviced by a Omega specialist is very difficult to find.
2. Stealth Wealth. A leading American news commentator wrote an article regarding "Stealth wealth" - where this watch type is purchased by gentleman who tend to purchase things that are discrete and very sophisticated. Basically a subtle way to show off the exquisiteness of good taste.
To drum up interest I am shipping Worldwide for this one. Any collector out there I'm sure you would agree what a rare find this is. I can dispatch within 24 hours of payment being received. You will receive very fast.
Any questions drop me a mail.
Some trivia on Omega watches:
1. In 1848 a 23 year old named Louis Brandt is credited with starting the brand which later became Omega.
2. In the early 1900's OMEGA's watches were prized by railroad professionals in China, the United States, Canada and much of Europe.
3. The association between OMEGA and swimming dates back to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympic Games. The relationship is still going strong.
4. Omega was a major supplier of watches to large ministries of defense, especially during the 1st and 2nd World Wars. The company's timepieces would go on to be used by the armed and special forces of British, France, Italy, USA, Norway, Sweden, Canada to name a few.
5. Important musicians including Elvis, Beatles members & Buddy Holly have been photographed wearing Omega watches including the Constellation range.
6. Past world leaders such as JFK and Mikhail Gorbachev choice of watch. Pope John Paul II wore Omega watches.
7. Before official chronometers, Olympic chronographs or the NASA-approved Speedmasters Omega watches.
8. In 1947 Omega introduced the Seamaster “Cosmic” Moon Phase wristwatch. It was the brand’s first calendar watch to display the time and the date with its hands and day.
9. The Geneva Line, created in 1953, was made as an homage to our workshops in Geneva where OMEGAs best regulators were working. The line was finally discontinued in 1979 as the law in Geneva stipulates that a brand must have a presence in the canton of Geneva to include the word Geneva or any variation of on the dial.
10. Omega has four main vintage watch families today that are well known to everyone interested in the brand: Seamaster, Geneve, Constellation and De Ville.