- Accepts Etsy gift cards
OMEGA Vintage 1987 Mens Seamaster Solid Gold 18K Gold Quartz Battery Watch + Box
This is an attractive classy watch. Stunning Condition. Perfect working order.
1. ORIGINAL OMEGA BOX INCLUDED
2. FAST SAME DAY DISPATCH (if ordered before GMT 14:00)
3. TRUSTED POWER SELLER OF VINTAGE OMEGA WATCHES
This watch is particular rare as its case number is 196 750 - this is a Seamaster "Jubilee". I cannot find another Seamaster Jubilee like this available. At the price of this watch I can't see anyone losing any money if they was to sell on in the near future.
The watch movement uses the precise Quartz cal 1430 (this is the engine of the watch). The watch has been tested and hand cleaned. This is good to go for years.
Please ensure you are comfortable with the size as vintage watches are smaller than today's standards.
The Omega box shown is in the very good condition and these are worth a fair amount on their own.
Overall please remember this is a vintage / used Omega watch but as you can see this is in very good vintage condition. Please study the photos as naturally this makes up part of the description. I hand polished this for a good hour, as per photo the results looks pretty good.
This has a lovely good quality brown leather strap which gives this a modern twist. If you prefer a more classic black of dark brown strap please let us know shortly after checkout and we can change.
Case size: 33mm - not including crown
Metal : 18K / 750 Solid Yellow Gold
Dial/Face: Original champagne coloured dial
Movement: Quartz (new battery)
Country of origin: Switzerland
UK Delivery: Next day
EU Delivery: 1-2 days
Rest of World: 2-3 days
Some trivia on Omega watches:
1. In 1848 a 23 year old named Louis Brandt is credited with starting the brand which later became Omega.
2. In the early 1900's OMEGA's watches were prized by railroad professionals in China, the United States, Canada and much of Europe.
3. The association between OMEGA and swimming dates back to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympic Games. The relationship is still going strong.
4. Omega was a major supplier of watches to large ministries of defense, especially during the 1st and 2nd World Wars. The company's timepieces would go on to be used by the armed and special forces of British, France, Italy, USA, Norway, Sweden, Canada to name a few.
5. Important musicians including Elvis, Beatles members & Buddy Holly have been photographed wearing Omega watches.
6. Past world leaders such as JFK and Mikhail Gorbachev choice of watch. Pope John Paul II wore Omega watches.
7. Before official chronometers, Olympic chronographs or the NASA-approved Speedmasters Omega watches.
8. Omega "Pie Pan" is used a term in the industry /collectors to describe the style dials from other models. The dial that has the hour/minute markers placed in a concentric ring that slopes down at a constant angle i.e, not rounded, from a raised flat center, and that the center is often a contrasting color or tone. This design usually commands a premium price and seen in the Constellation & De Ville models.
9. The Geneva Line, created in 1953, was made as an homage to our workshops in Geneva where OMEGAs best regulators were working. The line was finally discontinued in 1979 as the law in Geneva stipulates that a brand must have a presence in the canton of Geneva to include the word Geneva or any variation of on the dial.
10. Omega has four main vintage watch families today that are well known to everyone interested in the brand: Seamaster, Geneve, Constellation and De Ville.