- Accepts Etsy gift cards
OMEGA VINTAGE 1980s DE VILLE MENS CAL 625 WATCH MECHANICAL MOVEMENT GOLD + BOX
In my opinion this is the best pound for pound value Omega model on the market. This watch is in very good condition. No offers, priced to sell. If you was to sell on in the near future I do not think you can lose money.
The engine of the watch is uses a Quartz movement, so no hand winding or self winding it should go on for a number of years before the battery needs changing. It works wonderful.
Vintage watches are smaller than today's standard so please ensure you are comfortable with the size. This watches case measures 32mm not including the crown and 33.5mm with crown/winder. Its a classy and beautiful watch.
To give this vintage watch a modern twit a new brown leather strap strap has been added. The buckle is gold plated which obviously compliments the watch nicely.
It has the original crown with the Omega logo on it.
The serial number is 54850330. The hands, batons dial are in excellent condition.
The nice box seen is included in this.
Omega Series: De Ville
Case Width without Crown: 32mm
Bezel Metal: Gold Plated
Strap: Tan Brown Leather
Case: Gold Plated on top and stainless steel back case
Movement: Quartz (Battery)
Need the watch fast ? We can help with that...
UK Delivery: Next day
EU Delivery: 1-2 days
Rest of World: 2-3 days
The reasons why Omega vintage watches are good to buy:
1. Value/Investment. They hold their value brilliantly and should actually increase in value over the next few years as they become rarer and rarer. Buying a brand new watch is like a car, as soon as it leaves the premises the prices drops by at least 20%. A vintage watch like this in excellent condition and serviced by a Omega specialist is very difficult to find.
2. Stealth Wealth. A leading American news commentator wrote an article regarding "Stealth wealth" - where this watch type is purchased by gentleman who tend to purchase things that are discrete and very sophisticated. Basically a subtle way to show off the exquisiteness of good taste.
Fine Auction Club have been selling high end luxury items online since 2012. We have excellent independent feedback from thousands of satisfied customers. If you wish to see even more testimonials please contact us.
Any questions drop us a mail.
Some trivia on Omega watches:
1. In 1848 a 23 year old named Louis Brandt is credited with starting the brand which later became Omega.
2. In the early 1900's OMEGA's watches were prized by railroad professionals in China, the United States, Canada and much of Europe.
3. The association between OMEGA and swimming dates back to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympic Games. The relationship is still going strong.
4. Omega was a major supplier of watches to large ministries of defense, especially during the 1st and 2nd World Wars. The company's timepieces would go on to be used by the armed and special forces of British, France, Italy, USA, Norway, Sweden, Canada to name a few.
5. Important musicians including Elvis, Beatles members & Buddy Holly have been photographed wearing Omega watches.
6. Past world leaders such as JFK and Mikhail Gorbachev choice of watch. Pope John Paul II wore Omega watches.
7. Before official chronometers, Olympic chronographs or the NASA-approved Speedmasters Omega watches.
8. Omega "Pie Pan" is used a term in the industry /collectors to describe the style dials from other models. The dial that has the hour/minute markers placed in a concentric ring that slopes down at a constant angle i.e, not rounded, from a raised flat center, and that the center is often a contrasting color or tone. This design usually commands a premium price and seen in the Constellation & De Ville models.
9. The Geneva Line, created in 1953, was made as an homage to our workshops in Geneva where OMEGAs best regulators were working. The line was finally discontinued in 1979 as the law in Geneva stipulates that a brand must have a presence in the canton of Geneva to include the word Geneva or any variation of on the dial.
10. Omega has four main watch families today that are well known to everyone interested in the brand: Seamaster, Speedmaster, Constellation and De Ville.